Monday, January 22, 2007

Pop movies

Whoa... is anybody listening? Good. It's been a long time so I thought I'd do the Jesus thing and resurrect this blog. "Funkdafied Insanity... come forth!!!"

For starters here are my main movie resources:
www.rottentomatoes.com
www.apple.com/trailers
www.boxofficemojo.com
www.the-movie-times.com

I'm getting ready to see Pan's Labyrinth (or however you spell it) and I'm giddy like a junior high school girl who just got asked to high school prom. Yeah, you heard me. I'm trying to calm myself down a bit though because I HATE when I over-hype a movie in my head and then it ends up being a huge let down (see the Matrix 2 and 3 for reference). It's not even that the movie is bad but it seems a whole lot worse because I wanted it to be better.

We've still been seeing movies l ike they're going out of style. The last movie I saw was "Blood Diamond." It was a light hearted pick me up feel good movie of the year. Not really. It was about a Sierra Leone's civil war, people getting limbs chopped off and the crazy things a country does just to sell diamonds.

The Golden Globes were pretty cool. Did anyone else see 'Babel' other than the McNeal clan? I didn't think so. It was good in an intense gripping kinda way. I thought 'The Departed' was going to win. I've still never seen more people get shot in the face at point blank range outside of Grand Theft Auto... or the east side of Columbus.

No comments: